Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sorry kid, I'm outing you.


"Son, dreams are a great thing to have but when they’re all you have you don’t have shit”. It’s hard out there for a dreamer these days. I realized the hard way, when you go too long with your head in the clouds you miss what’s right in front of you and eventually reality hits you head on.

Next thing I know everything around me is in pieces. Someone’s screaming at me. This is obviously my fault so I’ll take full responsibility. But is it my fault? I wasn’t paying attention. I got distracted. Maybe you weren’t paying attention either. Maybe this is all your fault. No, that can’t be right. All you are is mad at me and all I am is wondering what the fuck just happened. Maybe I caused this? Did I cause all of this?

Its times like these I wish I believed in god. Then maybe I could say things like “it’s all going to be okay this is part of his plan” or “God will help me through this”. It must be nice to have an undying trust in someone. I can’t even do that with a person I can physically touch and see. How do people put it in someone who they don’t even know exists?

I’ve heard god lives inside you. But if that’s true, maybe he is you? Maybe all you really need is faith in yourself and your ability to persevere and come out on top. I don’t think I’ll ever have that. I’ve also heard that god has a plan for me. I sure as hell wish I knew my plan. It seems like all I have are back up plans anymore.

XY

No comments:

Post a Comment