Sunday, July 11, 2010

Thanks Bro


“You know that when the bottom of the screen burns through that you’re just smoking aluminum foil.”

“You’re welcome teeth!”

“Yeah, thanks for all ya do for me! Here’s this!”

Travis reaches in the drawer and pulls out a new sheet of aluminum foil. Then we go on to argue about how how my facebook drama is so much better than his. But wait no his is better. Whatever faggot. We make a new screen for the bowl and head to the back porch.

We both sit, I make Travis check the bench for bugs as I always do. I won't sit if I think there are spiderwebs. He waves his arms around in the space where I'll be sitting, I call him my Shaman because it looks like he's blessing it. We get comfortable and then realize the lighter and cigarettes are both inside. Oh the struggle. Travis looks up at the night sky and gives a thumbs up,

"Thanks bro! Thanks for that!" I laugh cause I'm stoned and because it's ironic.

"Don't you just feel that way sometimes though, like every time that happens I just wanna be like, you thought I forgot you were there! But nope! There you are again! Throwin' me cute little curve balls!"

"Every time something bad happens, its just like a little cute punch on the shoulder from the big man upstairs. Like, oh! You're good, this guy! This guy right up there! He's a jokester!"

"It's like God's up there goin' Hey Girl! Every time."

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment