Sunday, October 17, 2010

les belles égéries de la paume


"Have you read this? This is outrageous. I'm outraged. I can't believe our ignorant Landlords. Have they ever owned a fish? Do they just not understand? Eric, have you read this? I'm so worked up. I'm sorry, I'm usually not like this but this just really bothers me. Our idiot Landlord sent out this letter-And I have never seen any bugs in this place! I've never seen a roach or anything. I've lived here for two years and not once! And I tried to argue with him..."

Meet Jessica Corwin. Apt. 3 @ Le Palm. She like everyone else at Le Palm, is fantastical. She is scatterbrained, storming in first in her robe and glasses, briefly introduces herself, has some sort of revelation and scurries back across the hall to her apartment. She does this multiple other times throughout the day. Always remembering something she forgot, or something she wanted to show us. She could talk for hours on end and I could listen to her. Every story is an interesting as the last whether it be about where she got her shirt or how she and Eric met. Perhaps it’s not her stories that are so interesting as it is the way her face lights up and her smile so perfectly conveys every emotion she’s feeling.

"My little sister fucked my fuck buddy. That’s just like fucked up. And I mean, I tried not to be mad at her but it’s like... I have my friends you have yours and I'm not trying to fuck your fuck buddies because that’s weird and now I can't fuck my fuck buddy anymore cause he's fucked my little sister, like its gonna be the guy that fucked the Corwin sisters you know? And I was trying not to be mean..."

Everything she says blurs together in one run on sentence. She is deaf and had a cochlear implant at a young age. This means she can hear approximately half of everything you say and she articulates approximately half of everything she says. This simply makes her twice as adorable. Her enthusiasm is unmask-able. Her emotions are always evident; she is either smiling and waving her hands or furrowing her brow and still waving her hands. She's beautiful, and she tells me that I am several times while she is over. I quite enjoy her. I enjoy anyone that will sit and tell me a story for an hour and let me rip their bong.

No comments:

Post a Comment